Day two! Seriously, there is nothing better than waking up and realizing that your lunch is already made. Actually, the next best thing is waking up and realizing that it’s Saturday.
I was so tired this morning that it took me at least 3 minutes to figure out where I was and what day it was. That’s normal, right? But after a couple of cups of tea, I’m feeling more energetic and able to keep up a conversation without struggling, well..sort of.
Is it lunch time, yet? Home time? It’s only Tuesday, right?
Last night, I had a tonne of errands to run, since I was so lazy on Sunday and needed to make something quick. I realized that I had some salmon to clean up so I decided to make baked salmon in a bit of lemon juice with spices and then a veggie stir fry and all over some rice noodles. I was going to make some brown rice, but I dropped the ball and thought of it a bit too late – so noodles it was!
Here’s how to make it:
Ingredients for the salmon
- 1 Salmon fillet
- The juice of 1 lemon or ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of water ¼ tsp of thyme
- ¼ tsp of chilli flakes ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Put the salmon fillet in a baking dish and pour the water and lemon juice in the base of the dish.
- Sprinkle the spices on top of the fish. Place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Ingredients for the stir fry:
The beauty of stir fries, is that you can seriously make them with any combination of your favourite veggies and spices. Be careful of sauces as they often contain extra sodium and sugar and preservatives which totally defeats the purpose of making a healthy stir fry in the first place!
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped into strips)
- ½ head of steamed broccoli (chopped)
- ½ peeled and chopped carrot ¼ of an onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped) 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika 2 tbsp of olive oil 2 tbsp of soy sauce or I recommend Liquid Aminos
- 1 cup of rice or any rice noodle that you prefer
- Prepare the rice or noodles as directed and steam the broccoli.
- While that is cooking, heat the oil in medium or large frying pan (whatever you prefer).
- Once the oil has heated, add the black pepper and parika. Stir the spices in with the oil until fragrant. Add the onions and stir until they are soft then add the garlic.
- After a few minutes, add the red peppers and stir, then add the carrots and the broccoli (after it has been steamed).
- Stir in the soy sauce or liquid aminos and let simmer.
- When everything is ready, cut up the salmon and place veggies over the rice and serve.
Serves about 2 people.