Continuing on with my love of coconuts…
Here are some health benefits of coconuts:
- Good for the kidney and urinary bladder problems
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day provide an excellent source of vitamin E
- Coconut milk relieves stomach ulcers
- Helps with constipation
- Packed with vitamins and nutrients
Tonight, I had dinner with an old friend and ex-roommate whom I haven’t seen in far too long. It was great to catch up and people watch – it reminded me of when we lived together and we would sit on our balcony and comment on people who walked by in between sharing stories about our adventures from our night out.
After a nice sushi dinner and some tea, I really wanted something more, and something a little sweet, but what? I came home and treated myself to a coconut, chocolate banana smoothy.
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 banana (preferably ripe)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of coconut flakes (organic, if you can)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of cocoa powder (I used Fry’s)
- 4oz of soy, goat’s, almond, rice milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend.